Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fishing

This past fall we took the boys on a little fishing trip with my dad and sister. We bought the boys new poles and decided it was time for them to do some real fishing...


I love how Gavin is giving me the look like... "Mom, why do you always have to take pictures of me like this?"

Grandpa catching grasshoppers with his hat for the boys to use as bait...

Gavin more or less just wanted to play with the poor things...

My sis and Wes

I pretty much packed around the munchkin and the camera the whole time :)

Quinten caught his first fish all by himself! Josh thought he was totally joking until he started reeling it in.

We also did a little rock throwing just to make sure we scared all the fish away.

Gavin also caught his first fish all by himself!

He also caught dad...

Then we roasted hot dogs over the fire...
The boys loved their first real fishing trip (minus one major meltdown when they got seriously stuck in the mud...we're talking lost boots and everything). And somehow they managed to walk away with the only two fish from the whole day :)

No comments: