Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Random Pictures

Last week was my 24th birthday. I was so excited because Josh bought me a bike with a bike trailer to pull the kids in. We have this awesome paved path here that is something like 11 miles long, and the kids love going on it with me. My mom got me a sewing machine because for some odd reason I've decided to try and be crafty. I must say though, I have improved from the good old days of sewing class with Mrs. Hogan when I sewed my sleeve to my project and had to sit in the kitchen with my shirt off while she unpicked it all. I've actually successfully made one and a half blankets (sorry Kris, I really will finish it before Krissi turns 1!). I have to say though, the biggest suprise for my birthday was when Jesse showed up on my doorstep with this...
A BUTT CAKE!!! It absolutely cracked me up (no pun intended) . The best part was when Quinten came and told me the cake was really good and I went to the kitchen to see the entire bikini part of the cake gone--such a boy!!


I had to laugh the other day when I came in the front room and saw both of my boys sprawled out in the front room surrounded by Barbies and Polly Pockets. Quinten had ransacked a bag of my niece's old toys that were going to the DI and staked claim to the Polly Pockets. I was hoping to see the softer side of Quinten, but then I realized he was lining all the dolls up and running them over with the Barbie car.
Since the weather has been on and off here, we've spent every available good weather moment outside. We've actually got quite a bit accomplished keeping in mind it snowed last week. I bet you didn't know Ninja Turtles make excellent wood workers. Oh, and Gavin's hat is one that is 3-6 months and totally makes him look like Wilson off Tool Time.
And this is what happens when your kid eats too much of the butt cake and gets stuck in the rocking chair.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

That cake is hilarious! Hope you had a good birthday. I can't believe how big your boys are! Wish we were closer! miss you

Demo Kitchen said...

I love the ninja turtle on a regular afternoon outside. Seriously can't believe you blogged the cake!

Shae said...

haha...that makes me laugh about your sewing adventure in Mrs. Hogan's class!!

Molly said...

You need to blog a lot more because you always make me laugh when I read your things. Lexie kept asking me what kind of cake that was. When I move into my new house and have my scrapbooks I am going to do a flashback each week so you can see some good pictures of you. We need to get together sometime.

Sarah Smith said...

I love the cake!! Happy late birthday!! Haha The good old days in Mrs. Hogans class

Krystal said...

Wow! I'm way behind on your birthday! Glad it was fun. I'm jealous....I want a bike and trailor SO bad!! I love the cake. I reminds me of a time my dad had a Boob cake for his birthday!!
Your little Ninja is so cute! They just keep getting more adorable don't they!?