Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Kind of Santa

So I had to post this mainly because one day I want to be able to remember this and tell Quinten all those funny things he used to say when he was a kid. The boys and I went to my mom's house this weekend while Josh worked overtime. My mom has this old-fashioned Santa that has been around since I can remember. Anyway, Santa has this big brown sack full of presents on his back. Well Quinten is playing with the Santa and yells at the top of his lungs from the other room, "Mom, Santa has garbage." It takes me a minute to figure out what he means, but my dear sweet kid thinks that Santa carries around a big old sack of trash, not presents. So I figure this Christmas is going to be one of the easiest ever. All I have to do is throw a big sack of garbage under our tree and tell him Santa came by. Now that's my kind of Santa! I just hope that at preschool today he doesn't learn that Santa really brings presents and not garbage. I'd hate to have to be a good mom ;)
Oh yeah, so today Gavin got his 2nd tooth and finally learned how to crawl. For the past little while he's just been rolling around and then sitting himself back up. He was able to get to whatever he wanted this way, so crawling really wasn't that big of a deal to him. Well he finally got frustrated with face planting it all the time, because this morning I was watching him play with his toys and he started crawling around to all of them. I guess it's finally time to put the gates up because I have a feeling that this moose is on the loose!

4 comments:

Sean and Andrea Gumm said...

Sounds like Gavin will be walking before you know it! Your family picture on your blog is super cute. Hope all is well!

The Pingel Family said...

Well I am glad to hear that Gavin has just started crawling. He's only a few days older than Brandon and I was starting to wonder if I should worry. Brandon just scoots and rolls. No crawling yet. But you have given me new hope!

Kristin said...

Your family picture is SO cute! I can't believe how big Gavin is getting. I think he looks exactly like your nephews. Quinten is getting so old now too. I can't believe it. (Your hair is super cute by the way)

Krystal said...

LOVE the Santa idea! and YAY for Gavin!! What a cute little family you have. I love the new picture.