Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Big 3!!!

Quinten turned 3 this week. I know every parent says this, but I can't believe how fast he has grown up. My mom-in-law made him the cutest ninja turtle cake and I have to say it was pretty creative.
Quinten is absolutely obsessed with ninja turtles. He makes Gavin and me put on hair bands and then all three of us play ninja turtles all day.
Quinten also started preschool. It's so funny to see him walk in with his backpack on his back that is bigger than he is. It's kind of crazy how quickly little kids learn to do new things. Quinten amazes me every day on all the new things he has learned. The other day I bought him all of these new puzzles that were about 40 pieces each. Well little did I know that they were double sided. I didn't think there was even a chance that he would be able to do them, but pretty soon Josh and I looked over and he had them all put together. I can honestly say that later that night when I was playing puzzles with him, I even had a hard time. And then to shock me even more, my mom-in-law took him to the Challis hot pools and she told me that he would hold his breath and swim underneath this bar that separated the deep end from the shallow end. He definately doesn't get that from me. Yes, I can swim, but I can't go under the water without plugging my nose. I'm just hoping that the days of the terrible twos are over with. Let's just say that he finished off those terrible twos with a bang after he threw a handful of gravel in Josh's new four-wheeler's gas tank, pooped in the back of my dad's truck, and then peed in my mom's fridge. I think we're banned from going back to my parent's house anytime soon. So I also spent one day this week bailing our dog out of the pound. He some how managed to chew his way through our fence and went galavanting around town. I guess some lady picked him up on his way to Shelley and took him to the animal shelter. So now he's safely home and microchipped ;)
Gavin's new thing is sticking his tongue out all the time

Spending the day out at Josh's family's farm in Arco

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy B-day Quinten! How fun...ninjas!...haven't been there yet! That is so funny (kinda funny, kinda not funny) that he put rocks in the gas tank, and peed in the fridge! Oh my heck, I think I would have flipped out! Is your little man getting close to crawling or sitting up or anything like that yet? Mason has been trying to crawl, but mostly just falls on his face =( poor little guy! We should definately get together sometime, I don't know about you but talking to a 4 year old all day is starting to get to me...if ya know what I mean! Take care.

Hope said...

Oh boy!! You sure have some full hands there. How funny. You're little family is so cute! You crack me up girlie! We'll talk to you later!

Sarah Smith said...

Thats so funny about the turltes i remember when it was in when we were growing up lol. That family pictures is so qt